Christkindl ("Holy Child" - in Austria it is the "Christkindl", not Santa Claus, that brings Christmas presents, and to whom children write letters), name of a village with pilgrimage church, in the municipality of Steyr, Upper Austria. The church, with its two towers, was started by C. A. Carlone in 1706 and completed by J. Prandtauer. Dome fresco and side altar pieces by C. von Reslfeld. The high altar includes a part of the tree that originally gave rise to the pilgrimage. The post office, open only before Christmas, has made the village world famous (since 1950).