b. Razova, Czech Republic (then Raase), June 22, 1799, d. Vienna, March 20, 1853. Musicologist and collector. Worked in the Civil Service and was, among other things, assistant to R. v. Kiesewetter. From 1829 board member of the Gesellschaft der Musikfreunde in Vienna. Most items of his large music library and his collection of autographs (J. S. Bach, F. Haendel, C. W. Gluck, J. Haydn, W. A. Mozart, L. van Beethoven and others) were given to the German National Library in Berlin after his death. Numerous works on music.