b. Ybbs (Lower Austria), March 8, 1840, d. Vienna, Oct. 12, 1903, architect. Longtime employee of his teacher Baron Friedrich von Schmidt (a. o. at the Vienna City Hall), 1885 Professor at the Vienna University of Technology. From 1891 onwards at the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts. Mostly ecclesiastical buildings and restauration work. His main work is the monumental Kaiserjubilaeumskirche church at the Mexikoplatz in Vienna, 2nd district, inspired by imperial Cathedrals in the Rhine area, 1898 to 1913 (finished by A. Kirstein).